The Beyond Our Walls (BOW) Committee solicits and reviews applications and makes recommendations for the funding of outreach projects through a major philanthropy line in our operating budget.
Our minister, the members of the UUFH Board of Trustees, and the BOW committee enthusiastically encourage your ideas and our combined involvement in the planning and carrying out of these member initiated projects and events.
*Together, we can move mountains! *
Request for Applications
Do you have a local social justice project or agency you’re involved with? We’d like to help you help others. Our BOW program is designed to discover opportunities for the UUFH to employ our resources to support the important social justice work that needs doing in our community. As of July 2012, BOW has $7,069 available to support several projects.
In the past, BOW provided vital funding to Community Gardens, Burundi Scholarships, the Huntington Food Council, Housing Help, and HIHI.
Follow the link below for a BOW application or find one on the table in the UUFH foyer. Please submit completed applications to the UUFH office. Proposals are evaluated annually in early spring. Please feel free to contact BOW members or the UUFH Office for due dates or other questions and concerns. Thank you.
“To use the Fellowship’s collective financial resources to support UUFH members in working toward social justice and social service beyond our walls.”
The Beyond Our Walls Committee shall consist of 6 board-appointed members who will have staggered 3-year terms. The Beyond Our Walls (BOW) Committee shall:
- Review written proposals for events/projects that will be submitted for consideration of funding.
- Set up criteria by which proposals will be requested, accepted, reviewed, and recommended for funding (including its overall soundness and thoroughness of planning, proposed timeline, budgetary requirements, degree and breadth of involvement of congregants, core group commitment, and post-event evaluation process.)
- Present a list of “suitable” projects/events to the Board of Trustees for approval in the Spring for the next congregational year.
- Advocate for congregants to consider leaving endowment money specifically targeted toward philanthropy.
- Accept and review applications for the Sunday Split Plate monies, recommend the Split Plate recipient for each month of the Fellowship year, and forward the information to Stewardship for implementation.