Who We Are
Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion that embraces theological diversity; we welcome different beliefs and affirm the inherent worth and dignity of every person.
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Huntington (UUFH) is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
UUFH Mission Statement
We, the liberal religious community of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Huntington, embrace our rich diversity and our essential oneness, pledge to support this congregation in which we:
- Strive toward spiritual fulfillment, as individuals and in caring relationship with each other,
- Respect the varied religious paths that each finds meaningful,
- Celebrate gratefully and joyfully the gift of life,
- Pursue intellectual growth,
- Promote liberal religious and ethical values in the larger community,
- Create and sustain peace, justice, equality, compassion and beauty in the world,
- And gather children and adults into a beloved community of life-long learning.
Here are just a few of the well known and influential Unitarians, Universalists, and Unitarian Universalists who have made their mark in fields such as literature, social justice, science, government and entertainment. You will find others, along with details of their lives and faith, on the following website: www.FamousUUs.com.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Albert Schweitzer
- Louisa May Alcott
- Kurt Vonnegut
- Charles Dickens
- Christopher Reeve
- E.E. Cummings
- Benjamin Franklin
- Paul Newman